These are the instructions sent by email with every license file using FLEXlm licensing (ERDAS versions 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, and 8.7).
* * *
Attached is your license file(s) for Leica Geosystems software.
- These instructions assume that you have already installed the software or the stand-alone license tools.
- You must have administrative privileges (Windows) or root account access (UNIX) to install the license file(s).
- Full documentation for installation and licensing comes in PDF form with every software installation. For Windows, go to Start > All Programs > Leica Geosystems > Geospatial Imaging 9.1 > ERDAS IMAGINE 9.1 > Online Manuals > Configuration Guide. For UNIX, go to <IMAGINE_HOME>/help/hardcopy/Unix_ConfigGuide.pdf. For ArcGIS extensions, the guide in on the installation CD.
- The system ID in the license file’s name identifies the computer on which the license file should be installed. To find the system ID of a computer, please use the License Management dialog at (Start > All Programs > Leica Geosystems > Licensing Tools > License Management) or the showsysid command in UNIX to report the available system IDs.
- If you use the attached license files for a version of software prior to 9.0, disregard these Quick-Start Instructions and refer instead to the Configuration Guide for that older version.
- Floating license files end in .lgs. Node-locked license files end in .lgl. The default license type is floating.
Quick-Start Licensing Instructions
1. Windows Floating Licenses
a) Save the attached license file anywhere on the license server computer. Do not rename the file.
b) Double-click the license file. It will self-install in the correct location. The License Server Setup Tool dialog opens, and the new license file’s text is now visible. No action is required here.
c) Select OK to close the License Server Setup Tool dialog, and then follow any on-screen instructions:
i) When the “ERDAS License Server is successfully installed…” message appears, ignore the handy tips and select OK.
ii) If prompted to add the current computer as a potential license server, select Yes.
iii) If prompted to merge the new license file into older licenses, select OK to merge, No to overwrite.
iv) When asked “Do you wish to start the license server?” select Yes.
d) Go to your Leica software workstation (it may be the same system as your license manager). Start the Leica software.
e) In the “Welcome to <Product Name>” dialog, check the “Specify License Server (Floating License)” button. In the white text box adjacent to that that line, enter the network name of the license manager. If your system is also its own license manager, you may enter LOCALHOST (one word, not case-sensitive). Select Continue and the software will start.
2. Windows Node-Locked Licenses
a) Save the attached license file anywhere on your computer. Do not rename the file.
b) Double-click the license file. It will self-install in the correct location. The License Manager dialog opens, and the new license file’s name is now visible in the License Source section. No action is required here.
c) Select OK to close the License Manager dialog.
d) You may be prompted to merge the new license file if it is for an add-on module or a new-version upgrade. Select Yes to merge, No to overwrite.
e) Start the software.
3. UNIX License Servers
Full instructions for UNIX licensing of ERDAS IMAGINE is in the configuration guide at <IMAGINE_HOME>/help/hardcopy. The document is titled Unix_ConfigGuide.pdf. Quick version - run this script and follow the on-screen instructions:
4. ArcGIS Extensions Licenses
The extensions for ESRI ArcGIS do not use the ESRI license manager. The license must be installed in the Leica Geosystems License Tools using these Quick-Start Licensing Instructions.
Please contact Technical Support at geospatial.intergraph.com > Support > Contact Support if you have problems with licensing.
Intergraph Licensing Team